Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Latest Projects

I've completed two quilts in the last four days! My new longarm machine is sooo fast. And the motorized fabric advance makes it so easy to move back and forth on the quilts....without "an act of Congress!" It goes without saying that I'm loving my APQS Millenium!

I finished a 1930's style quilt with appliqued flower blocks for my friend Bernice. The border fabric reminded me of gross-grain ribbon, so I quilted piano keys with the stripes. You can't see the quilting, but it gives the borders a nice texture.


I carried the "ribbon theme" into the quilting on the narrow red border...



Next I quilted a top made by my mother called "Fresh Cut Flowers." It's a combination of hand applique with Shoo-fly and Churn Dash blocks. It had lots of negative space that I filled with feathers. I really like the look.


A close-up of the center medallion...


The quilting on the back of the quilt....


As you can tell, I've been busy! Now on to my next project....

No comments:

Post a Comment