Gloria's quilt, made from Kim Diehl's "Bittersweet Briar" pattern, was absolutely fabulous. She used an invisible machine applique technique that was very nice.
It was a real challenge for me to make the quilting as wonderful as the applique. However, I was really pleased with the finished product...lots of McTavishing in the background made the applique really "pop"...feather arches in the border triangles.
I apologize for the quality of this picture...I didn't have my glasses on when I snapped it with my phone! I guess I didn't realize that it wasn't in focus.
Some close-ups of the details in this lovely quilt....
|So glad that these close-ups were in focus!|
Thank you, Gloria for giving me the opportunity to work on your beautiful quilt. I can't wait to see it in the quilt shows!