Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fossils

I am usually one of those quilters that tries to "overthink" the design...taking hours and sometimes days trying to decide on just the right design to quilt. However, when I saw this lap quilt at Country Living Quilts in Flynn, TX, I immediately thought...."fossils."  Then the more I thought about fossils, my mind began to see fern imprints and snail shell designs. Without studying the quilt top for an extensive period of time, I knew I would need to use ferns and snail shell swirls to quilt it.


The full length photo just doesn't give you the full effect of the quilting, so here are some closeup views....



But I think the back is as beautiful as the top...



Thank you to Teri at Country Living Quilts in Flynn, TX  for giving the opportunity to share my quilting. I just loved quilting this wonderful quilt with the flowing design. If you haven't visited Country Living Quilts yet, you need to stop in...located half way between Dallas and Houston....just a hop off of I-45. It's a great shop with a good variety of fabrics, patterns, notions, and classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment