Monday, October 22, 2012

Time to Catch Up!!

Wow! I just realized that over two months have passed since I last posted to my blog. It's not that I didn't have anything to post, I guess I just got lost in all the things I have been working on. Also, the beginning of the school year is a really busy time for me with my Instructional Technology Consulting work. So, here's what I have been doing....

First I want to share this wonderful quilt from my friend Margaret. This "sew inspired" spool design quilt has wonderful colors. The narrow strips that make up the thread on each spool have such deep, rich tones that I can just imagine the spools of thread on an old wooden shelf in the mercantile stores of years past.

As quilters, most of us want our spools of thread sitting in nice, neat, even rows. But it's when that one spool falls off the rack and begins unwinding that we find some of our most wonderful creations. And so it is, with the last spool (bottom row on the right) on Margaret's qult...the unwinding thread leads to a beautiful vine of leaves and floral elements.


In the empty blocks between the spools, I quilted an "echo" of the spool design. I just love the way it turned out!


Thanks, Margaret, for letting me be a "thread" in this wonderful creation!

**********************************************************************************

Over the last few weeks, I have also quilted some tops created by my mother, Wanda. I guess I was in such a hurry to get them to her, I failed to take photos of both of them. But, I did manage to get pictures of this adorable hand-appliqued teapot quilt. The colors were so bright and energetic that I was easily inspired as to the machine quilting designs.


I was really pleased with the effect of the wavy quilting lines in the "picture frame" sashing around each of the teapot blocks.



This was such a fun quilt to work on, and as always, my mom's hand applique is impeccable! Thanks for letting me be a part of the work you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment