Thursday, January 28, 2021

Making Statements...

 Most of the quilting that I do is for others. I've been doing this for almost 15 years. That being said, it is fairly self-evident that I've literally quilted hundreds of quilts...all sizes, various designs and modes of construction, and degrees of difficulty. You would think after that many quilts over  so many years,  the next quilt on the machine would be "just another quilt." 

But it just doesn't work that way for me! It seems that every quilt that I receive from a client is special and unique in some way. For most of them, I see the personality of the quilter reflected in the top. Each quilter seems to develop her own "wheelhouse" of colors, designs, and techniques that she will use in her quilt tops. I'm not saying that my clients "get in a rut" with their quilt tops...quite the contrary. Each top seems to have it's own special message. Sometimes I get that "message" as soon as I see the top and start discussing quilting plans with the  client. And sometimes that message doesn't become completely apparent until the quilting is complete.

Yea, I know I'm sounding a little "out there!" My point is that every quilt makes a very "one of a kind" statement. I hope these photos speak to you today!
















No comments:

Post a Comment