Friday, May 10, 2013

Ladies, Ladies...

Ladies, ladies, you have never seen anything quite like the Ladies Quilt that I quilted for Alene. The quilt is made up of 6 blocks that contain 6 different ladies each dressed in a different color gown. They are all done in beautiful hand applique. The facial features were detailed with a Pigma pen. They are simply amazing. The quilt border also has hand appliqued vines and floral designs. The workmanship and choice of fabrics and colors makes this quilt a work of art!

Take a look...

The full quilt

Close-ups of all the ladies

The ladies look like garden fairies!

The lady in purple also had some beautiful hand embroidery work.






Vines and floral hand applique on borders


Beautiful facial features
I consider the custom quilting on this quilt to be one of my finest quilting accomplishments. Thank you Alene for giving me opportunity to be a part of your work of art. I can't wait to see it in a quilt show!

No comments:

Post a Comment