Monday, March 26, 2012

Wildflowers are in Bloom!!

It's a beautiful day here in Texas...sunny springtime weather. And that means wildflowers! Roadsides in Texas are bursting with color as the Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes are in full bloom.

So this seemed to be the perfect time for me to post my "Bluebonnets Etal" quilt. Being a retired teacher, I find that I am often using "Etal" which is an abbreviated form of the Latin term et alia meaning "and others."

Now back to the subject...My "Bluebonnets Etal" quilt combines bluebonnet and other wildflower fabrics as well as other coordinating prints with a  "Turning Twenty" pattern. The colors and flowers remind me of the Texas Hill Country in the Springtime...and some of the wildflowers I see in our pastures as well. The quilting is an edge-to-edge pantograph design called "Linna's Charm #2."


This quilt will also be on display at the Gun Barrel Quilters Guild Quilt Show 2012 on April 27-28, 2012 at the Cain Center in Athens, TX.

I hope the wildflowers are blooming in your neck of the woods as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment